Thursday, June 23, 2011

Open for Business!

This past Saturday we hung our open for business sign and welcomed guests into Sylvia for a tour of Flying Cloud Boutique.


Many friends from throughout the province made their way down to see just what it was I'd been working away on these last few months. Sylvia and her collection of unique local wares were a big hit - I was a proud momma for sure!


I have to admit it was a huge relief Saturday morning to open the door and look in on my little store; I'm really thrilled with how she's turned out and feel so blessed that I get to spend each day in her making and selling art!


Talk about dream job!


The highlight of opening day was when my very first customer picked out a kitty I had just given whiskers to only 45 minutes before hand. A hot pick critter to match her hot pick outfit - how purrrrrrfect! These are the moments I live for :)


Now that we're open for business I can finally get around to some other things on my very long to-do list... like the website, which has a huge update coming this Saturday! 

                 
This online addition arrives just in time for release of Halifax Magazine's summer issue which includes a feature on the store, her reno's and a few of our artists. Look for it in this weekend's Chronicle Herald and at local new stands like Atlantic News

Until then I'm going to be making flag banners and working on the promo for our next big event - July 23! More to come on that and other summer events shortly.













1 comment:

  1. How puuurfect is right! She looks like she's never going to let that one go!

    I like my kitty from flying cloud b/c he is a hybrid of my two cats - orange and grey!

    ReplyDelete