Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Welcome Home Sylvia!

Sorry for the delay folks, I know you've all been patiently waiting for some news on the homecoming, that being said I will now take this opportunity to proudly announce that Sylvia has finally arrived!


For months I've pictured what she would look like in the yard, where she would sit, the gardens around her... but nothing beats seeing the real thing. There is still a bit of work to be done to get her looking her best before the opening on the 18th. We're going to polish her up a bit, and there's still some painting and landscaping that needs to happen before I start putting away the stock that has been arriving daily. 


I promise to start sharing some of the treasures with you shortly, but for now I'm going to leave you with a collection of shots since her arrival - enjoy!

Welcome to Flying Cloud Boutique!
She fits in here quite nicely!
She even looks good from the bug tent!
Looking cozy.
These shelves were once the floor - yay free-cycle!
Hello from Tacha and Gary!
Experiments in cleaning aluminium...
Bryan did all the dirty work.
One side with $25 spray the other with $5 oven cleaner
After a buff she is going to shine like a mirror!
The quilt top I found at Frenchy's is a perfect fit for the booth!
I'm sure this find was a gift sent from my Grammy, it
looks as though something  she would have sewn herself.
I'm thinking I might do a little decoupage in the accessory area 
I'm a little tired right now, but it's all worth it!














No comments:

Post a Comment